Saturday, May 29, 2010

Mall Window



When I started my series, one of the windows I knew I had to paint was a retail image. Finally, in January, sitting in the Eaton Centre with my small point and shoot, I found an image that fascinated me. No heads! The resonance and balance felt right too. So away I went. When you think about how much time we spend looking at store windows and the effort involved in getting us to look, it's significant all around. The window images invite us in to little worlds where some of us will feel comfortable, creating little exclusive oases. Dimensions: 36 by 36. SOLD!

1 comment:

  1. Paul

    For me it's the mall window, with the headless figures and the headless passer-by. Some of things that I see in my small part of the mall that is our society seem so headless, too.

    Gordon

    ReplyDelete