Saturday, September 11, 2010

Transportation Series

Pearson Arrivals January
A group of people together but in fact they could not be more isolated. They are at ease but also tense. It's a fascinating situation and I am pretty happy about the result overall, I think I caught the mood. The initial comments were that the background is eye-catching. I thing the yellows and oranges really resonate and make the people stand out, there is a vibrancy between the back and front. 
This painting took me five months and I am now happy to have moved on from this relationship... It was great to spend time together, but it was all consuming almost obsessive. Now I need to find some other transportation images, which I think will be a natural move on from my windows series. Size is two feet by four feet.

1 comment:

  1. I have to say I like this one alot!
    Well done Paul - however I can see how you would be happy to put it to bed after five months!

    ReplyDelete