Monday, October 24, 2011

Spadina Chinatown

During my first course at the Toronto School of Art five years ago, I would walk home on Spadina. I tried taking some photos the old Cartier-Bresson way without people noticing. And it was with my retro film camera at the time, sorry to say. I loved the source image for this photo. The woman shot from below, the expressive hands, the face written with anxiety. I came back to it a few years later in my painting class. I like the hands but the expression is different from the photo, it's what came out from me, even if it was not entirely my intention. I have come further along as a result of my practice over the years, but this painting still marks a positive place of where I was in 2009. Size: two feet by three feet.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment