Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Hidden Gems Treasure Chest

Toronto School of Art's Hidden Gems event on October 26 is just around the corner and one of my contributions is the group project for students to take a dollar store wooden box and turn it into art. Well, I have often thought of just taking what you could buy at a dollar store and turning it into art. And that's what I have done (except for the fabric - left over from another project). Not too much is hidden except the underlying story (shredded dollar store children's book). Was lots of fun to use many of the techniques I have been learning in class on something I would have never tried without the project.
Hope to see you for the party on October 28 at Steamwhistle! Information can be found at http://www.tsa-art.ca/




No comments:

Post a Comment